This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Majorca completely changes in summer. It is vibrant and full of people, different languages and lively streets dotted with luxury boutique stores. Majorca is without a doubt one of the ideal destinations to have an enjoyable summer holiday with your loved ones. Do you want to know why? Because the warm climate allows you to discover some of the best natural wonders Majorca has to offer, such as the relaxing beaches and coves. If it is your first time visiting this island, we recommend discovering the 7 beautiful coves found on the Mediterranean coastline, nearby our hotels in Majorca, which are ideal for some well-deserved relaxation.
- Caló des Moro. This is one of Majorca’s most spectacular natural wonders and probably the most well-known out of all of the coves on the island and it is no wonder why. Located on the coast of Santanyí, less than an hour away by car from our beachfront hotel in Calvia, this cove is located in a natural paradise which can only be explored on foot. This is one of the island’s best-kept secrets that you should explore at least once.
- Cala Varques. This is an untouched cove found in Manacor that we guarantee you will love as it boasts crystal-clear water and lots of privacy.
- Cala Antena. This is an excellent cove that is number one on anyone’s list who wishes to visit the Calas de Mallorca area. This cove is a little bit hidden away, making it perfect for relaxing days in the midst of nature. The beach club parties are the most exclusive events amongst Majorcans.
- Cala Formentor. This is for those who seek utter tranquility. Cala Formentor stands out for many reasons, with one of these being their lush pine trees. This cove is perfect for those who wish to discover the island’s nature, as it is found away from any kind of civilisation.
- Es Trenc. This is one of the best beaches in Majorca with its white sand and turquoise-blue water: Ses Covetes: a nudist beach and Ses Salines. Declared a protected natural zone. Es Trenc is home to one of the most famous beach clubs on the island, where all the family can enjoy shows, music and food.
- Sa Calobra. Sa Calobra is a stone beach found at the foot of the mountains hugged by the sea. The beautiful surroundings of this cove were chosen as the setting for the Cloud Atlas film by the Wachowski brothers.
- Cala Tuent. This can be found on the other side of Sa Calobra. Cala Tuent is surrounded by nature and hides a camping site where you can admire the beautiful stars as night falls.
Discover these beautiful coves and enjoy a relaxing holiday whilst exploring the best-kept secrets of Majorca.