This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Springtime; it’s music to your ears! This season is one of the best times of year to discover the beautiful island of Majorca given that the climate is not yet unbearable and mass tourism has yet to arrive to the island. Endless stretches of sand, charming villages, castles, Mediterranean landscapes… Why not discover it all on your bike? If you like cycling, then read these 10 routes that will turn your holiday to Majorca into an unforgettable experience as you discover the unique charm of this formidable destination, known as the ‘island of the calm’.
1. A bike ride along the marina. Palma’s gorgeous marina is the best place to discover the city and its Mediterranean sunsets. This easy route is located close by to your hotel in Majorca and stands out for its cycle lane that follows the coastline at all times. Enjoy unparalleled views!
2. Palma – Santa María. Palma – Santa María. This is one of the most popular routes on which to discover Santa María, a village located within the island. On the way, stop at the main square and regain some energy at the symbolic Café Comerç.
3. Palma – Bunyola. This is perfect for discovering the start of the Tramuntana Mountain Range. This route runs past the picturesque village of Puigpunyent and is surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking mountain scenery.
4. Palma – Binissalem. If you want to try the best wines Majorca offers, go on this 15-mile bike ride through Majorca, where you’ll end up at this village that it popular for its wine-making.
5. Es Capdellá. This is the best route for discovering the south of Majorca. With the Tramuntana Mountain Range always on the horizon, this medium-difficult route is a perfect combination of coast, mountains and lush greenery until you reach Capdellá, a charming village that is a must-see on your holiday.
6. Port d’Alcudia. This is one of the most impressive coastal routes you can follow along Alcudia bay. On this route you will be able to discover some of the best fishing villages on the east coast, in addition its surrounding pretty coves.
7. Playa de Muro – Cala San Vicenç. This is a unique route that ends in the beautiful Cala San Vicençs cove after following the beautiful natural coastline.
8. Playa de Muro – Orient. This is a classic route that combines one of the most beautiful coastal areas in Majorca with the beautiful mountain scenery of Orient, one of Majorca’s most traditional villages. We strongly recommend trying arròs brut, a delicious Majorcan rice soup dish.
9. Formentor. This is another outstanding route that is very difficult but also a favourite of Majorca. The climb to the lighthouse of Formentor is an adventure bursting with beautiful scenery and winding roads.
10. Sa Calobra. This is a route that is only for experts which ends in one of Majorca’s most valued spots. The spectacular Sa Calobra beach becomes a high-difficulty challenge that will lead you through some of the most beautiful places on the island.
Enjoy a unique holiday to Majorca and challenge yourself to one of these cycling routes on which you’ll fall head over heels in love with the island!