This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Are you ready to have fun? You are on your way to a paradise of reggae, music, mountainous landscapes, infinite beaches, great milestones of international cinema and culture found both in expositions as on the streets… Ultimately, you are going to discover a paradise with the ability to take your breath away from the very first day. Although Jamaica is known by many for being a perfect destination for sunbathing, listening to good music and, ultimately, catching the calmful mindset of the Jamaican people, the truth is that this destination is also home to countless other interests. If you are looking for things to do in Jamaica, we recommend visiting the destination’s theme parks, where you will find a wide range of activities to take part in with your family and loved ones. This is one of the best options for days out in Jamaica, above all if your are travelling with kids.
And because we want you to have a fantastic time during your holiday, we, at Bahia Principe, have created a list of the best theme parks in Jamaica so you can enjoy yourself to the fullest. Are you ready to enjoy Jamaica?
- Rainforest Adventures. This is an excellent theme park located only a few miles away from Ocho Ríos, extending around Mystic Mountain, a very beautiful place connecting to the Blue Mountains and the waterfalls of the Dunn river. This park offers truly amazing experiences for families, where you will discover the sheer beauty of this natural destination with panoramic views and an endless array of attractions, such as: free fall rides, ziplines, crossings along hanging wooden bridges, and much more… Go on an unbeatable adventure through the wildest nature of Jamaica.
- Kool Runnings Waterpark. This water park offers all kinds of slides, splash pools and water activities, in addition to a court especially dedicated to paintball where you can have lots of fun with your family and friends. This is the best way to cool down from the high temperatures.
- Island Gully Falls. Are you ready to jump from the top of a waterfall? Island Gully Falls blends together Jamaica’s exquisite nature with sheer excitement as you you dive down the waterfall into a lake, meant just for you. Jump and swing from vine to vine whilst admiring the area’s gorgeous landscape.
- Dolphin Cove Jamaica. This is the chance for your little ones to learn all there is to know about dolphins. Here, they can swim with dolphins, interact with them and you can even become an instructor with special courses taught at the centre located in Montego Bay. This is an unforgettable experience that should most definitely be added to you list of things to see in Jamaica.
- Shaw Park Botanical Gardens. Discover all the flora that grows in this magical destination. Located in Ocho Ríos, this park is home to more than 600 species of flowers, trees and plants, in addition to numerous waterfalls and small lakes. This centre is famous for its beautiful coastal views as it is situated 300 metres above sea level.
These theme parks are the most popular in Jamaica for their wide range of activities for all the family, where your children can have a fun time learning new things!