What souvenir should I bring back from Jamaica?
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
You are about to discover a beautiful destination, in all sense of the word. Jamaica is the birthplace of art, music, long, sandy beaches, breathtaking landscapes and that kind of je ne sais quoi that you will fall completely head over heels with. This Caribbean piece of heaven boasts so many incredible spots that you will want to take back something from everywhere you go. Do you need any ideas? Add some of the following ideas we recommend below to your list. Bring back Jamaica in your suitcase!
· A walk along Montego Bay will help you decide. The St. James street is home to a big arts & crafts market where you can purchase some of the best items of Jamaican culture. Did you know that typical products are drums made out of wood? As part of their African-American past, these instruments are widely used in Jamaican music and are widely-valued by locals. Wood-carving is very popular in this part of the Caribbean and it is very common to see special stands selling handmade products created in this way.
· Jamaica is a place of art. You will see a vast array of exhibitions and street markets in the cities and towns that are specialised in paintings, photos and canvas’. Bring home a piece of Jamaican culture with the numerous offers of art in Kingston, Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios and much more.
· Other native products of this destination are the locally-made body oils, bath salts, scented products and personal hygiene products that you will find at the city’s street markets. This Caribbean destination is home to a vast variety of locally-made organic body products.
· If you have planned to visit the beautiful Blue Mountains on your all-inclusive holiday, then you cannot miss out on the delicious Blue Mountain coffee. Discover exquisite nature on the beautiful cliffs of the Blue Mountains National Park and treat your loved ones to the intense flavour of Jamaican coffee.
· How about the food? The best way to bring back a bit of Jamaica is by buying some of the pepper sauces or hot sauce, some of the main products of Jamaican cooking.
· And of course you should definitely try Appleton, the most famous rum in Jamaica, which you can get from any street market in the country. Enjoy it with your loved ones and have a great time remembering your fantastic trip!
Enjoy the holiday of your dreams and take home a piece of this inviting Caribbean island.