This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Finally, the treat you have been waiting for has come. Finally, you can enjoy some well-deserved quality time with your partner because we have planned the best offers in the Dominican Republic for the both of you. We know exactly what you need during your holiday to Río San Juan and we know you are going to enjoy it to the fullest. When you think of all the exotic dishes awaiting you in the Caribbean, your mouth waters: seafood, fish, meat and rich cocktails. You can’t wait a minute longer for your experience bursting with unforgettable moments and incredible places. Are you ready to explore this beautiful destination? If you are looking for things to do in Rio San Juan, we have a list of fascinating places to discover with your partner.
- Playa Caletón. This is the best way to start the day. This is a very welcoming and private beach bursting with charm so you can enjoy your time with your partner in the Caribbean to the fullest. In the shape of a half moon, this little piece of heaven is ideal for romantic escapes in the sun, in a quiet and pleasant setting where you won’t be disturbed by tourists that arrive in their masses. The islets and rocks leading to the Las Golondrinas cave form the perfect beautiful landscape, which you can explore at your own pace.
- Puerto Plata. This is the capital and is a charming place to enjoy a pleasant walk as the sun sets. Known as the Amber Coast, Puerto Plata is a charming city enveloped in Victorian houses and historical monuments. In addition, it is the ideal place to discover the cuisine of Río San Juan with its wide selection of fresh fish and seafood. End your day with a magical evening and take a cable car up to the Isabel de Torres mountain. You will fall head over heels with the city and your gorgeous surroundings.
- Damajuaga Waterfalls. If you consider yourself an adventurer, then this will become your favourite place. 27 waterfalls give life to a lush and natural landscape, making it one of this province’s main attractions. Not only that, the natural pools that form part of the base of the waterfall are perfect for relaxing in whilst you sit in the midst of the tropical jungle. Have a great time going down the river’s natural slides and feel the adrenaline run through your entire body. This is sure to be a truly unique experience!
- Gri Gri Lagoon. This is the perfect choice for those who seek somewhere more tranquil. Admiring the natural beauty of the Gri Gri Lagoon from your exclusive terrace is a great way to end the day. This lagoon is one of the emblems of Río San Juan and it is the best way to discover the native flora and fauna. This is a haven for lovers of ecotourism.
- Costa de Sosua. This is the ideal place for practicing watersports like snorkelling or surfing or discovering the beautiful water of the Atlantic on a catamaran. If you are the kind of people who like immersing yourselves in the deep blue sea, here you can go diving and discover the exotic marine fauna and the coral reef hiding underneath.
Your holidays are approaching! Enjoy a romantic break with your partner in a destination not yet discovered by the masses and go on an adventure to discover some of the most beautiful natural wonders in existence.