This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
For those who are on holiday and want to travel to a distant place where can be relaxing, and forget about the routine, we want to give you some tips for the Jet Lag will not ruin the trip.
The Jet Lag is an alteration of our internal clock caused by long journeys when our time routines and sleep patterns are altered thus disrupting our roles and our mood.
To avoid any of the manifestations of Jet Lag (fatigue, malaise, headache, irritability, apathy …) we give you some tips that will be useful:
- Takes enough drinks to keep you well hydrated during the flight. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Before, during and after the flight, don’t eat much food, and it must be rich in protein and low in fat.
- Sleep well before starting the journey to get well rested to the flight. If you fly east, try going to bed earlier than usual the previous day, and if you fly west, go to bed later than usual.
- It is very important to sleep well on the plane. If you have trouble sleeping, you can always take a natural relaxant or “melatonina”.
- Change the time of the clock about the country of destination during the flight, and go slowly getting used to the new time zone.
- If you arrive at night, go to bed just arrive; but if you arrived during the day, you must make the effort to stay awake.