Discover what to do in Samaná with your couple
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
You’re clear about it, this year you’re planning a spontaneous trip away with your partner, a trip just for you two so you can enjoy quality time together… alone. And where are you going to go? Undoubtedly to the Samaná peninsula, a romantic and exotic place with lush nature for an unforgettable trip to the Dominican Republic.
Aside from enjoying the adults only hotel in Samaná this beautiful peninsula in the north of the country offers many places for a couple’s getaway in the Dominican Republic.
- Cayo Levantado: An islet in the Samaná Bay that offers a little more than 1 mile of pure paradise: fine white sand is completely surrounded by turquoise crystalline and lush vegetation in the islet’s centre. And all this in the Caribbean climate. When you arrive at the Simi Baez pier you will take a ferry to Cayo Levantado Island. Is there any better place for a getaway with your loved one? No, no there isn’t, especially if you stay at a unique hotel in Cayo Levantado, an extraordinary experience, especially in-between January and March, when you can spot humpback whales.
- Coral reefs: Scuba-diving in the coral reefs in the Samaná Bay is an unforgettable experience to have with your partner. Hold eachother’s hand as you dive through the sea currents and, at the same time, admire the beautiful coral reef as you submerge yourself between the different colours, numerous animal species and vegetation.
- Salto del Limón Waterfall: If you want to go on a very special trip full of adventure, this is the best option. The way to get to this spectacular waterfall, the setting of which is one of the most natural and impressive in Samaná, consists of a 20 minute trip on horseback to the highest peak (40 metres high), ending in a relaxing bathe in the pool of crystalline fresh water after the excursion.
- Playa Rincón: This is, without a doubt, one of the best beaches in the Caribbean and a unique place for laying down on the white sand and letting the sun tan your skin. After bathing in the crystalline water, enjoy a cocktail to celebrate many of your trips like this one and enjoy this special moment to pamper your loved one.
- Couples spa: The most special way to end your day is a Spa session that includes bubbling water, body treatments and a massage with an private hydromassage bathtub in a romantic setting especially for couples. Boost your relationship at this adults spa in the Caribbean, where recouping your essences will become an unforgettable experience.