This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Have you ever asked yourself why we feel happy when we are in the sea? And did you know that it actually has some medicinal properties? We have all heard the saying that walking through waves is good for the circulation but did you know that philosophers and doctors have been studying their properties for centuries? Discover the 6 benefits of the sea that nobody has ever told you about.
· Good for the skin. The sea is excellent for wearsome skin infections like psoriasis, acne and atopic skin. It reduces stinging and helps to get rid of these infections. Thanks to the sea’s high level of mineral components, all you have to do is take one dip in the sea and your skin will become more nourished toxins will disappear thanks to the exfoliating properties of the sea salt.
· Good for your breathing. Sitting nearby the sea helps those who suffer from asthma or other respiratory problems. When you enjoy the sea breeze your cough will get better and any mucus or respiratory allergies will go away, helping you to breathe better.
· Relieves bone pain. In fact, the sea is the best place to do a few small exercises to reduce pain caused by arthritis. Thanks to its high salinity content, your movements in the sea will be a lot gentler, which will reduce joint inflammation.
· Better circulation. Walking through the shallow part of the sea improves circulation in your legs which, in turn, alleviates tiredness and varicose veins. It also contains high quantities of vitamins and antioxidants that stimulate the immune system when fighting off infections.
· Fighting insomnia. We are sure that at least one time your problems have appeared to ease once you have been close to the sea. The relaxing properties of the sea alleviate issues like insomnia, anxiety and depression thanks to its minerals.
· Reduces stress. Have you ever wondered why we are so happy when we are in the sea? With its high magnesium content, you can relax in its waters and feel your muscle tension disappear, making you truly happy. In addition to this, the sea is recommendable for those who suffer from migraines, as it has many calming properties.
Fancy submerging yourself in the sea’s crystal-clear water? Look after your mind & body on your all-inclusive holiday and relax in a stunning destination close by to this great remedy for your health problems.