5 benefits of aromatherapy you never knew
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Aromatherapy is a therapy known for producing more benefits than any other: it relieves muscle pain, helps you to relax and is an antioxidant. This is a medicinal remedy with Egyptian origins as well as one of the first-known holistic techniques to date. This is one of the biggest stress-relievers which fills us with lots of energy, making it a must-try on your next holiday to the Caribbean. In the spa of our hotel in Cayo Levantado, we offer special massages that ensure the most enjoyable sensory experience with all the aromas you choose. Want to know more about the benefits of this relaxing therapy?
1. Say goodbye to muscle tension. This is this therapy’s most well-known benefits and works when the oil is applied to the skin to help you relax and loosen up your muscles. If you suffer from muscle cramps, then the mild massage technique used in this therapy will help relax the affected zone. In addition, if you opt for a leg massage, this will improve your circulation and prevent problems related to poor blood circulation.
2. The best stress-reliever. Have you ever heard of an aroma that immediately puts a smile on your face? Aromatherapy uses a mixture of essential oils to create a very pleasant relaxing sensation. This means that, by using a combination of certain oils, you can relieve stress in just one session, thanks to the sense of improved well-being created by the scents.
3. A strong antioxidant. The essential oils used in aromatherapy are derived from a wide range of plants. This means that a wide variety of natural elements are used in each session with the beneficial attributes that these plants contain, such as antioxidants. In addition, they also contain a strong natural antihistamine.
4. Healing properties. The essential oils are very good for skin problems like irritation, atopic dermatitis and psoriasis. When they are applied to the skin, they act as a natural healer, helping to soothe and hydrate the skin during long periods of time. In addition, they exfoliate the skin, cleaning the pores and reducing areas that are prone to becoming greasy, such as the face, when steam is used.
5. Mind and body balance. One of the most famous benefits of this therapy is its calming properties. Thanks to this treatment, you will feel happier with yourself and feel less down or depressed as it is a natural mood alleviating remedy.
Enjoy a relaxing massage with the aroma of your choosing in either the Caribbean or Spain and experience the natural benefits of one of the oldest treatments in existence. Try one of the most well-known 100% natural remedies to help you relax!