The autumn escape you have been waiting for
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Do you know what the best part is about travelling to the Caribbean in autumn? Discovering the most authentic and natural side to this region and the daily lives of the locals who live far away from mass tourism, where you yourself can discover the true charm of the Caribbean. Leave the cold weather behind you and bring out your summer clothes. Come and enjoy unforgettable experiences thanks to the wide variety of culture and activities, available not only at our hotels in the Caribbean but also all across the destination’s beautiful landscapes.
Whether it is the Dominican Republic, Jamaica or the Riviera Maya, the truth is that this beautiful region is enveloped in stunning colour during September and October, making it a must-see if you seek to flee the cold and do something different on your holiday. Can’t decide which one to visit? Read the following interesting facts on our incredible destinations.
- The Dominican Republic. Who hasn’t dreamt of this destination with its gorgeous beaches, refreshing crystal-clear water and unbeatable climate?… However, the Dominican Republic is much more that that: it also offers finger-licking food, where you can integrate with the locals and discover this vibrant country that is the birthplace of merengue and bachata. Between the beautiful landscapes and tropical jungles, you will discover wonders like these:
- Samaná. This is the untouched treasure of the Caribbean. This land remains intact after countless years. Its natural beaches and beautiful natural parks like Los Haitises will bring you closer to discovering what the Dominican Republic looked like in the past.
- La Romana. This is an ideal oasis for golf lovers and one of the favourite destinations for couples due to the privacy it offers in an unbeatable setting.
- Punta Cana. Punta Cana is an excellent destination as, here, you will be able to enjoy yourself like never before in one of the most beautiful places of the Caribbean, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Río San Juan. This is a picturesque fishing port enveloped in beautiful white sand beaches. Río San Juan was the first destination in the Dominican Republic and has been loved by all who have come to visit since the very beginning.
- Jamaica. If you are wondering why you should visit Jamaica in autumn then we have the answer: this is a destination where you can discover its most authentic side in an exceptional climate. This is not just because temperatures can reach up to 20º-30º, but because the sun sits high in the sky every single day. Although Jamaica is known for its climate and reggae music, the truth is that this small paradise is home to landscapes immersed in tropical nature, such as: waterfalls and mountains which you can discover by bike. In addition, this destination is known for its traditional craftworks and offers a wide variety of art and expositions.
- Riviera Maya. Time appears to stop in the Riviera Maya. This destination’s history can be discovered in 4 parts. Discover the Mayan civilisation in its archaeological ruins, sculptures and biosphere reserves. In addition, autumn is the official season for the start of the festivities in Mexico, traditional shows that hook you from the very beginning. Some of these include the traditional Day of the Dead, where all the houses and streets in the country are filled with alters carrying food and hand-painted skulls; or the International Balloon Festival, where you can admire countless hot air balloons floating in the sky. This fascinating cultural festivity also offers typical delicious dishes.
Treat yourself during autumn and come and discover the side to the Caribbean that not many people get to see. See you soon!