This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Our firm commitment to care for the environment has led us to substantially improve the management of our waste, achieving great results during the past year:
• We have worked with our purchasing and logistics department to reduce the amount of packaging of the products we purchase.
• We have the initiative to reuse part of our waste for activities with our collaborators and clients, as well as for the daily operation of our hotels.
• We have implemented a management system at all our hotels in the Caribbean and managed to recycle a large amount of our waste.
The results are the recovery of:
• More than 900 tons of recycleble waste (metals, cardboard, glass and plastics)
• More than 6 tons of hazardous waste
• More than 120 tons of used vegetable oils
We want to contribute to the celebration of World Recycling Day with a few tips for improving waste management; we hope you find them useful!